A proposal has been made in reference to recent discussions concerning the following pay matters:
- Modification of salary range minimums and maximums for employees in the Executive and Administrative (EAS) and Part-Time Postmaster (PTPM) Schedules
- Modification to the Annual Leave Carryover and Annual Leave Exchange Programs
EAS and PTPM Salary Schedule – The proposed modifications to these salary schedules are as follows:
- Increase the salary range maximums by 4.7%
- Increase the salary range minimums by the dollar increase of the respective range maximums
Increases will be applied on January 13, 2024, immediately prior to applying the Fiscal Year (FY) 2023 Pay-for-Performance (PFP) award.
Annual Leave Carryover and Annual Leave Exchange – Current Postal policy outlined in Employee and Labor Relations Manual (ELM) 512.321, Maximum Carryover Amounts provides the maximum annual leave carryover balance and maximum leave amount that can be requested through the annual leave exchange program.
- The proposed policy modification would allow career non-bargaining employees to carryover an additional 80 hours each leave year by increasing the carryover maximum to 640 hours permanently.
- Additionally, the proposed policy modification would allow career non-bargaining employees to exchange an additional 40 hours of annual leave against their advanced leave accruals, to a maximum of 168 hours permanently.
These proposed modifications are currently under review and are awaiting recommendations so that changes can be implemented prior to the effective date of the FY2023 PFP award.