Wed. Jun 19th, 2024

Generator inside Tulsa OK Post Office leads to carbon monoxide scare

June 23, 2023
2023 06 23 at 3.31 PM

READ FULL ARTICLE AT » fox23.com

Tulsa, Okla. — Tulsa firefighters responded to an early morning call on Wednesday about carbon monoxide gas inside the RW Jenkins Post Office in south Tulsa due a generator running inside the building.

According to Tulsa Fire Department Public Information Officer Andy Little, the call came in shortly before 5:30 am.

When firefighters arrived on scene, Little said the workers had already left but the levels of carbon monoxide inside the building were high.

“Our crews were able to check the levels which were much too high to occupy,” Little said.

In the wake of Sunday’s storm, Little said they are seeing a lot more people using generators but says they should never be used indoors.

Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Share this
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x