Here are answers to common questions regarding Stamps.com and the ability to print USPS postage:
Are USPS Services being removed from Stamps.com?
Absolutely not! Nothing changes in Stamps.com services and features that we offer, including USPS postage printing. Stamps.com will continue to operate as an officially licensed PC Postage vendor, and all USPS services will be available for our customers.
Will Stamps.com continue to offer USPS rate discounts?
Yes! Stamps.com customers will be able to access all existing USPS rate discounts (Commercial Base Pricing) when they print postage. And those discounts include access to the Metered Mail rate for First Class Mail letters – paying only $0.50 for a one-ounce letter vs. $0.55 at the Post Office.
USPS rate discounts that Stamps.com offers include:
USPS Shipping Rate Discounts
- Priority Mail Express® – Save up to 14% off Post Office rates on all Priority Mail Express shipments.
- Priority Mail® – Save up to 40% off Post Office rates on all Priority Mail shipments, depending on weight and distance.
- First Class Package Service – Save up to 28% off Post Office rates on all First Class Parcels.
- International Shipping – Save up to 5% on Priority Mail International shipments, up to 5% for Priority Mail Express International and up to 5% on First Class Package International Service.
USPS Mailing Rate Discounts
- First Class Mail Letter – Save five cents and pay only $0.50 for a one-ounce First Class Mail letter compared to $0.55 at the Post Office.
Can I still print labels for USPS First Class Package Service with Stamps.com?
Yes! Nothing is changing to the Stamps.com service and USPS First Class Package Service will remain the best low cost shipping option for packages under 15.999 ounces among all shipping carriers.
Are any of the e-commerce integrations with marketplaces (eBay, Amazon, etc.) or shopping cart integrations (Shopify, BigCommerce, Magento, etc.) going away from Stamps.com?
Nothing is changing – e-commerce sellers and online retailers will continue to be able to import their orders directly into Stamps.com to print USPS shipping labels. See a full list of Stamps.com E-commerce Integrations.
Will there be any additional costs to use Stamps.com?
Most customers will see no change in costs to use Stamps.com. For a limited group of high volume customers that have specialized negotiated rates with the USPS (also known as Negotiated Service Agreements or “NSA”), we will look at implementing surcharges as needed so that we are compensated for the technology and services we provide.
How does Stamps.com’s relationship with the USPS impact me as a customer?
For most customers, there will be no change to the Stamps.com product – the solution will continue to print USPS postage as it always has. In the future, you may see additional shipping carriers as an option to print shipping labels.
Will the Stamps.com shipping API change?
The Stamps.com API is the #1 USPS postage API in the industry. Customers will continue to be able to rate, ship, print and track USPS packages from our SOAP based web services API. Get more info on our USPS Shipping API program.