WASHINGTON, DC — Postmaster General Louis DeJoy told local business partners across the country that his goal is to build an organization that serves customers better and provides a platform for business growth.
“My vision is to establish the Postal Service as the preferred delivery service for the American public. I am committed to providing world-class affordable and dependable service to every American home and business six and seven days a week — today, tomorrow and for generations to come,” DeJoy said during a National Postal Customer Council (PCC) Day virtual event on Sept. 22.
“To achieve this vision, we are now building business plans against a portfolio of ambitious initiatives. Some of our goals require legislative and regulatory changes, but many do not. Those things that we control, we will pursue thoughtfully and with urgency following the election, as that remains our No. 1 priority for the next six weeks,” he added.
DeJoy said the future of the Postal Service will be defined by the following:
- Universal access to the digital economy, with enhanced destination and storefront services across the nation;
- The most professional, efficient, trusted and visible delivery services in the marketplace — driven by significantly greater operational precision;
- A winning culture — one that champions employee advancement, engagement and collaboration; and celebrates diversity and inclusion;
- Innovative, cost-effective platforms to power business customer growth; and
- Greater revenue diversity, revenue growth and financial sustainability.