Oversight Committee to Consider Bills to Help Electrify the Postal Service Fleet, Improve Government Efficiency
Washington, D.C. (May 9, 2022)—On Wednesday, May 11, 2022, at 10:00 a.m. ET, Rep. Carolyn B. Maloney, the Chairwoman of the Committee on Oversight and Reform, will hold a business meeting to consider legislation to ensure the Postal Service has an accurate environmental impact statement to inform its acquisition of Next Generation Delivery Vehicles, address data gaps in national sexual orientation and gender identification information, and make other good government reforms.
The Committee will consider the following legislation:
- H.R. 7683, the Artificial Intelligence Training for Acquisition Personnel Act;
- H.R. 4176, the LGBTQ Data Inclusion Act;
- H.R. 7331, the Improving Government for America’s Taxpayers Act;
- H.R. 7535, the Quantum Computing Cybersecurity Preparedness Act;
- H.R. 521, the First Responder Fair Return for Employees on Their Initial Retirement Earned Act;
- H.R. 7686, the District of Columbia Code Returning Citizens Coordination Act;
- H.R. 7674, the Ensuring Oversight Access at the Postal Service Act;
- H.R. 6104, the Building the Next Generation of Federal Employees Act; and
- H.R. 7682, the Ensuring an Accurate Postal Fleet Electrification Act.
The Committee will also consider several postal naming measures.
|WHAT:||Oversight and Reform Committee Markup|
|WHEN:||Wednesday, May 11, 2022, at 10:00 a.m. ET|
|WATCH:||The livestream will be available on YouTube and the Committee website.|