The objective of the audit is to assess the Postal Service’s effectiveness in managing its Recognition and Awards Program, which is intended to recognize employees who have achieved outstanding performance, exhibit superior competence, or have performed some other significant accomplishment. The program is not intended to provide incentives to employees to meet predetermined goals. The program has been broadly designed to ensure that the recognition and award needs of all organizational and functional areas are met. The awards range from a letter of appreciation to cash.
1. Are recognition and awards handled in the same way for all employees? If not, please explain why.
2. What achievements deserve recognition and awards?
3. How can the Postal Service recognize and award employees more effectively?
4. Please rank the following types of awards in order of their value to you:
- Monetary awards
- Edible gifts (lunch or snacks)
- Gift cards (retail or food establishments)
- Additional leave