The Postal Service is reminding employees about new services that were added to the Employee Assistance Program (EAP) this year.
The program features services to help employees overcome life challenges that can affect their health, family or job performance.
EAP is voluntary, confidential and free. Services are available year round through the EAP site, online apps, in person or by phone.
• Face-to-face counseling. District clinicians are available to talk in person about any current concerns.
• Telephone counseling. Employees can speak with a counselor by calling 800-327-4968. The TTY number is 877-492-7341.
• Video therapy. Clinicians or consultants are available through a video link.
• Text therapy. Employees can use the Talkspace app to text a clinician, who will respond in a certain amount of time.
• Online therapy. The myStrength app includes therapy modules for depression, stress, chronic pain, anxiety, substance use and insomnia.
The EAP4YOU.com site has more information.