Tulsa, Okla. — Tulsa firefighters responded to an early morning call on Wednesday about carbon monoxide gas inside the RW Jenkins Post Office in south Tulsa due a generator running inside the building.
According to Tulsa Fire Department Public Information Officer Andy Little, the call came in shortly before 5:30 am.
When firefighters arrived on scene, Little said the workers had already left but the levels of carbon monoxide inside the building were high.
“Our crews were able to check the levels which were much too high to occupy,” Little said.
In the wake of Sunday’s storm, Little said they are seeing a lot more people using generators but says they should never be used indoors.