Annual benefits enrollment period begins
Open season, the once-a-year opportunity for Postal Service employees to make changes to their health coverage or choose a new plan, is Nov. 8-Dec. 13.
Here’s what you should know:
• You should review your coverage. The Postal Service recommends you evaluate your options to ensure you have the coverage you need without paying for services you don’t. It’s especially vital that you have access to health care for you and your family during the coronavirus pandemic.
• Making changes can save you money. Balance your benefits so you save money and maintain the health coverage you require. Most employees overspend on benefits because they don’t take the time to compare and contrast plans.
• Several options are available. You can choose from a variety of health, vision and dental coverage options through the Federal Employees Health Benefits (FEHB) Program, USPS Health Benefits Plan (USPSHBP) for noncareer employees, Federal Employees Dental and Vision Insurance Program (FEDVIP) and flexible spending accounts (FSAs).
• You can explore your options online. USPS will offer a virtual benefits fair, which you can register for by going to the Open Season LiteBlue page.
You can also review your health plan and find out what’s available by comparing multiple plans side by side through Checkbook’s Guide to Health Plans for Federal Employees.
This is also a good time to review and update your PostalEASE login information, as well as your beneficiary forms.
• You can make changes online, too. To enroll or change coverage in FEHB or USPSHBP, go to PostalEASE or call 877-477-3273 (select option 1). Use the BENEFEDS website to enroll or make changes to your FEDVIP coverage and the FSAFEDS site to enroll in FSAs.
• There are additional ways to receive information. Like it has done in the past, USPS will allow you to receive open season information and reminders though text messages to your mobile devices. Sign up by texting OpenSeason2021 to 21333.
• Help is available. For assistance, call the USPS Human Resources Shared Service Center at 877-477-3273 (select option 5). The Federal Relay Service number is 800-877-8339.
The Postal Service will provide additional information and reminders throughout open season before it concludes on Monday, Dec. 13.