Annual benefits enrollment period begins
Open season, the once-a-year opportunity for Postal Service employees to make changes to their health coverage or choose a new plan, is Nov. 14-Dec. 12.
Here’s what you should know:
• You should review your coverage. The Postal Service wants you to evaluate your options to ensure you have the coverage you need without paying for services you don’t.
• Making changes can save you money. Balance your benefits so you save money and maintain the health benefits you require. Most employees overspend on benefits because they do not take the time to compare and contrast plans.
• Several options are available. You can choose from a variety of health, vision and dental coverage options through the Federal Employees Health Benefits (FEHB) Program, USPS Health Benefits Plan (USPSHBP) for noncareer employees, Federal Employees Dental and Vision Insurance Program (FEDVIP) and flexible spending accounts (FSAs).
• You can explore your options online. Go to the Open Season LiteBlue page to review your health plan and find out what’s available. You can compare multiple plans side by side through Checkbook’s Guide to Health Plans for Federal Employees.
• You can make changes online, too. To enroll or change coverage in FEHB, USPSHBP or FSAs, go to PostalEASE or call 877-477-3273 (select option 1). Use the BENEFEDS site to enroll or make changes to your FEDVIP coverage and the FSAFEDS site to enroll in an FSA.
• There’s another way to receive information. USPS is continuing a service that allows you to receive open season information and reminders though text messages. Sign up by texting BENEFITS to 39369.
• Help is available. For assistance, call the HR Shared Service Center at 877-477-3273 (select option 5). The Federal Relay Service number is 800-877-8339.
The Postal Service will provide additional information and reminders throughout open season.